Big Lee's is known for the finest quality authentic barbecue ribs, chicken, pulled pork, brisket, sausage and down home side dishes and succulent desserts.
A message from the owner:
My passion for smoking meats developed years ago when I first witnessed our uncle, Leon (aka "Big Lee"), and his incredible skills on the smoker in the Mississippi Delta, Greenwood to be exact. The quality of the food he made was unparalleled and I couldn't get it out of my mind. But beyond his sheer talent, Uncle Leon had such a joy for cooking and, moreover, for sharing his amazing food with others. He was generous with his trade secrets, too, freely giving me tips on how to achieve better results. We lost Uncle Leon in October of 2012 and his passing has made me more conscious of not only how well I cook, but also how many people I share this gift with. He was an amazing man and he still inspires us today. Thanks, "Big Lee"!
THESE ARE A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN VISITING FROM OUT OF TOWN.
1. We're here to serve YOU. We work really hard to provide a top-notch barbecue experience to all of our guests. If there is anything we can do to better serve you, just let us know. We'll take great care of you.
2. Consider arriving here earlier (11:30 or even a little earlier) rather than later. Our food has become very popular and it is not unusual for us to sell out of items before we close. We always have more inventory earlier on in the day rather than later on in the afternoon.
3. We cook at full capacity in order to serve as many guests as possible. Many of our proteins require at least 24 hours to prepare, smoke and serve. So once it's gone, it's gone.
4. Don't forget to bring a cooler or an insulated thermal food bag just in case you plan on bringing some food back home.
5. We highly recommend that you review our menu in order to get to familiarize with our food options.
6. Be sure to check our hours of operation.
7. We are a food truck. We have picnic tables with umbrellas for outdoor seating.
Thanks again and we look forward to serving you!